Responsibility for media relations strategy and its proactive implementation.
Reports To: Head of Marketing & communications.
- Deliver, develop and implement media relations strategic plan including trade, national and associate press.
- Implement a social media strategy to engage new followers and engagers, particularly on Linkedin and Twitter
- Build strong and mutually beneficial relationships with editors/influencers within appropriate media, bringing a more proactive approach to public relations activity.
- Provide a structured and considered approach to external crisis management
- Engage with and manage internal stakeholders, building relationships based on trust and integrity. Develop a wider network of internal staff who are able to comment.
- Develop a plan of relevant speaking opportunities to communicate important messages to relevant audiences, drafting or editing speeches and presentations where necessary
- Provide content on topical news and issues to the communications team for use in social media, newsletters, bulletins.
- Keep abreast of the market, its issues and key players ensuring communications are newsworthy, independent and authoritative.
- Edit and proof-read publications where necessary
- Monitor PR effectiveness and provide reporting on a monthly basis.
- Potential for some out of hours work
- Proven experience as a Press officer (either in-house or agency) within an issue-based environment
- Strong social media skills
- In depth knowledge of current PR techniques and best practice
- Articulate and effective in developing rapport and building strong external and internal relationships
- An excellent communicator who can see how public relations fits into the overall marketing mix and can see how PR messages can be used in the wider business context.
- Highly motivated with a genuine drive to succeed
- A creative thinker with excellent verbal, written and proof-reading skills
- Confident, driven and dynamic team player
BSc/BA in PR, journalism, marketing or communications or relevant experience
Not for Profit
Effective Communication and Influence (6)
Continuous Improvement & Development (3)
Business/Customer focus (6)
Responding to Change (4)
Making Things Happen (5)
Personal Development (4)
If you are interested in this role please apply with your CV quoting reference 293417MM
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our client's requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Any data processed will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be not be retained by ThreePeople for a period longer than 6 months.